Patek Philippe is committed to respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes how Patek Philippe SA Genève ("Patek Philippe", "us", "we") processes personal data about you (the "Data Subject", "you", "your"). It is subject to Patek Philippe applicable contractual terms and conditions.
Patek Philippe, as data controller, is responsible for collecting, using, and otherwise processing some of your personal data (the "Processing"). The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to let you know which personal data Patek Philippe collects about you, the reasons why Patek Philippe uses such personal data, how long Patek Philippe keeps them, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, Patek Philippe as Controller or more generally the Processing, you may contact:
Patek Philippe SA Genève
P.O. Box 2654
1211 Geneva 2
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Personal Data" include any information relating to an identified (e.g., surname, first name) or identifiable (e.g., alias, passport number, nationality, address) natural person, namely the Data Subject.
Patek Philippe processes Personal Data to the extent necessary in the context of its activities, in particular:
- identification information (e.g., gender, name, first name(s), phone number(s), physical or email address);
- professional information (e.g., job, professional address or email, website, education);
- personal information (e.g., date of birth, marital status);
- technical information (e.g., IP addresses).
In addition, Patek Philippe collects Personal Data that the Data Subjects communicate to Patek Philippe (e.g., during a meeting, by telephone, email or any other means of communication).
Patek Philippe receives and collects Personal Data:
- directly from the Data Subjects (e.g., when filling in the application form for a minute repeater or a chronograph or participating in events organized by Patek Philippe);
- indirectly through other sources (e.g., retailers, distributors).
Patek Philippe generally processes and collects your Personal Data, including without limitation for the purposes of (collectively the "Purposes"):
- taking care of its clients and prospects;
- knowing its retailers;
- offering its customer guarantee;
- maintaining the archives;
- enrolling retailers in the PP Master or watchmakers in training courses;
- organizing marketing events, in Switzerland and abroad;
- assigning a minute repeater or a chronograph to a client.
Patek Philippe does not use Personal Data for profiling or automated individual decision-making purposes.
Patek Philippe processes your Personal Data on the legal bases set out below:
- processing of Personal Data as necessary for the performance of a contract regarding a Data Subject (e.g., selling or repairing our products);
- processing of Personal Data in relation to compliance with legal and regulatory obligations or the performance of a task carried out in the public interest to which Patek Philippe is subject (e.g., in the field of anti-money laundering);
- processing of Personal Data in relation to legitimate interests pursued by Patek Philippe (e.g., caring about the relationship with clients or improvement of Patek Philippe internal organization).
To the extent one or more of our processes of personal data presupposes that you give your prior consent thereto, we will reach out to you and ask for your consent in due time. In this case, you may withdraw your consent at any time. However, your consent remains valid for any Processing performed prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
Patek Philippe may conduct its Processing either directly or indirectly, through other parties, which process Personal Data on behalf of Patek Philippe (the "Processors"). However, Patek Philippe does not sell your Personal Data to any third party.
In principle, Patek Philippe does not transfer any Personal Data abroad.
However, in some specific occasions, Patek Philippe may need to transfer and/or share Personal Data to third parties established outside Switzerland and the EU (e.g., Processors, retailers, master distributors or other third parties involved in the Business Relationship).
In this context, Patek Philippe undertakes to comply with applicable data protection laws and to take appropriate protective measures to ensure the integrity and protection of Personal Data transferred or shared abroad.
In principle, we retain Personal Data for as long as necessary for us to fulfill the Purposes or until you withdraw your consent, provided that we are not legally required or permitted to continue to hold such Personal Data (e.g., to establish, exercise and/or defend legal claims, investigations or similar proceedings).
Patek Philippe shall take all appropriate technical and organizational measures against:
- unauthorized or illegal Processing of your Personal Data;
- accidental loss and/or destruction and/or damage of your Personal Data.
Personal Data may be stored on Patek Philippe technology systems/paper files or those of Patek Philippe Processors.
At all times and subjects to applicable regulations, you have the right to:
- access and obtain a copy of your Personal Data;
- rectify or request the erasure of your Personal Data when they are inaccurate or incomplete;
- request the erasure of your Personal Data when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed or when you withdraw the consent necessary for the Processing;
- object on legitimate grounds to the Processing of your Personal Data;
- request the limitation of the Processing of your Personal Data;
- lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities regarding the Processing of your Personal Data.
This Privacy Notice was updated at the undermentioned date. Patek Philippe reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice to reflect changing legal requirements or Patek Philippe processing practices.
Geneva, 28th January 2019